Name:
Location: Oklahoma

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Colonoscopy

On Monday, 21 Nov 2005, I went in for a colonoscopy because I turned 50 years old back in September. It is hard to say exactly what the results were because I will not get the pathology report till this coming Monday but, they found a “pre-cancerous growth in the first third of my lower intestine. I immediately went in for surgery and had that part of my intestine removed. I should get the final results Monday, but everyone was hopeful that I may have beat cancer.

My wife had insisted that I go, even though I was not thrilled by the idea. She ended up saving my life (along with all the doctors involved of course).

I am home now recovering, and it is not great but considering the alternative I guess I am glad I did it. So I would encourage anyone reading this – don’t avoid it. Schedule it. It may save your life too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home